Fortis hospital is one of the largest bone and joint replacement center in Bangalore. Our bone and joint care doctors provide cutting edge diagnostic facilities and treatment in orthopedics. Knee replacement, also known as knee arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint to relieve pain and disability. It is most commonly performed for osteoarthritis, and also for other knee diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
The knee is the largest joint in the body and having healthy knees is required to perform most everyday activities. The knee is generally divided into three compartments: Medial (the inside part of the knee), lateral (the outside), and patellofemoral (the joint between the kneecap and the thighbone).
Fortis hospital Bangalore is the best hospital in India for total knee and other joint replacement surgeries. It is the first hospital to perform India’s first Birmingham hip resurfacing credited with performing the largest number of tissue preserving joint replacement surgeries. Fortis is also accredited by MTQUA as the best medical travel and tourism hospital in India. It is the top orthopaedic hospital in India equipped with state of art Neuro navigation and endoscopic facilities. Fortis is the first hospital in Karnataka to conduct highest number of simultaneous bilateral total knee replacement surgery in India. Fortis hospital has one of the best orthopedic shoulder surgeons. Looking for the best hospital for knee replacement surgery in India? Fortis hospital Bangalore is the best place for you to do your knee replacement surgery in India. At Fortis, we also do services like patient education program, physiotherapy, rehabilitation program.
Causes for Knee Replacement:
- Osteoarthritis – This is an age-related “wear and tear” type of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – This is a disease in which the synovial membrane that surrounds the joint becomes inflamed and thickened.
- Post-traumatic arthritis – This can follow a serious knee injury.
There are two types of Knee Replacement, and they are
- Femoral Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
A round ended implant is used for the femur, mimicking the natural shape of the joint.
On the tibia, the component is flat, although it sometimes has a stem which goes down inside the bone for further stability.
Partial Knee Replacement
Most patients with arthritis severe enough to consider knee replacement have significant wear in two or more of the above compartments and are best treated with total knee replacement.
Fortis hospital offers treatment such as:
- Total Knee Replacement – is a surgical procedure to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint to relieve pain and disability.
- Total Hip Replacement – is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
- Shoulder Replacement – is a surgical procedure in which all or part of the glenohumeral joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
- Elbow Replacement – is a procedure of orthopedic surgery in which an arthritic or dysfunctional joint surface is replaced with an orthopedic prosthesis.
- Ankle Replacement Revision – is a surgical procedure to replace the damaged articular surfaces of the human ankle joint with prosthetic components.
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy – is a surgical technique that can diagnose and treat problems in the knee joint. During the procedure, your surgeon will make a very small incision and insert a tiny camera called an arthroscope into your knee.
Fortis International Care is the best orthopedic with top orthopaedic doctors in India. Book an appointment with our doctors today to know which treatment is suitable for your health condition.
Procedures for treatment:
- Custom fit Knee Replacement Surgery
- Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery
- ELEKTA – VERSA HD
Versa HD is the latest radiation therapy solution from Elekta, it has seventh generation digital control, which audits and safely orchestrates multiple linear accelerator functions. Versa HD provides advanced stereotactic treatments and conventional RT throughout the body, including the brain, delivering the flexibility to treat more patients and a wider variety of indications.
Continuous monitoring enables safe dose escalation in prostate treatment. It is also modulated up to 6X more in shorter arcs for highly conformal & efficient stereotactic treatments.
Benefits of using Elekta Versa HD:
- Versa HD is an advanced linear accelerator system designed for treating the broader spectrum of cancers than previous systems.
- With Versa HD, it is safe and efficient to deliver the full spectrum of conventional radiotherapy techniques. As well as, sophisticated stereotactic treatments all within a single delivery system.
- Versa HD is custom configurable to address the specific needs to clinically challenging treatments, such as brain, spine, head, neck, lung, breast, and prostate.
- With Versa HD, it is now easy to take advanced therapies suck as VMAT, SRS, and SRT to a whole new level.
- Versa HD radiation is the lowest when compared with any commercially available MLC device.
- Elekta’s revolutionary MLC, enabling extreme precisions, high reliability, and superior tumor conformance.
- Keeping patient’s safety in mind, Versa HD designed Elekta which incorporates features such as touch-activated patient protection.
- Elekta has low mechanical noise and ambient lighting effects to create a relaxed patient environment.
Fortis hospital in Bangalore has top orthopaedic doctors in India with high-end technology to provide quality and affordable healthcare service. Fortis hospital is famous for its commitment towards getting people back to their lives faster and stronger in no time. Take up your knee replacement surgery and walk again with pride.