Your liver is one of the most vital organs of the body, responsible for several chemical actions that the body needs to survive. On the other hand, it’s also a gland as it secretes chemicals that are used by other parts of the body. Due to this reason, the liver is considered to be both an organ and a gland.
Some functions of the Liver:
- Processing digestive food from the intestine
- Controlling levels of fats, amino acids and glucose in the blood
- Combating infections
- Storing iron, vitamins and other essential chemicals
- Breaking down food and turning it into energy
With obesity being epidemic, comes the higher number of people opting for liver, pancreatic diseases treatment in India. Fortis is renowned to be the top Liver care hospital in India. With all the best liver transplant specialists available, Fortis has been successful in catering to the needs of the patients.
The best way to fight liver disease is to avoid it, if at all possible. And for that, one needs to be aware of the various ways to achieve liver wellness:
- If you’re morbidly obese or somehow overweight, then it’s likely for you to have a fatty liver that can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), considered to be one of the fastest growing forms of liver disease. Avoid high-calorie meals as much as it’s possible. For a well-balanced diet, eat fibre, which can be obtained from fresh fruits, vegetables and cereals. Hydration is also essential, so it’s advised to consume a lot of water.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to a glass of filtered water and drink first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything else. This helps your liver and digestion for the day ahead.
- Vitamins, especially the B complex vitamins and Vitamin Caid liver function and cleansing. Antioxidants such as Astaxanthin and Resveratrol are also very good for supporting the liver.
- Exercising regularly is the key to a healthy liver. It’s said exercising decreases stress on the liver, increases energy levels and helps to prevent obesity. Try aiming for a total of 150 minutes of exercise to stay fit.
- Keeping your diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol checked along with maintaining a proper diet, exercise or medications can help limit and prevent liver damage. All these combined form a metabolic syndrome with obesity, posing major risks for fatty liver disease.
Liver failure is a life-threatening condition that demands urgent medical care. Fortunately, a liver transplant is a common procedure that’s often successful. Led by a group of experts who come up with decades of flawless medical experience, Fortis surely has been the best hospital for Liver transplant in Bangalore.