First things first, hip replacement surgery will hurt. All surgery does! Be prepared that you will experience a significant amount of discomfort during the first few days. This hospital will offer you with a premium joint replacement surgery in Bangalore.
What can you do to improve your Hip Replacement Recovery:
Practising these five total hip replacement recovery tips can help you to have a smooth and successful recovery.
- Get yourself into the habit of healthy exercise routine
- Most hip replacement patients are able to walk within the same day or next day of surgery, most can resume normal routine activities within the first 3 to 6 weeks of their total hip replacement surgery. Once a light activity becomes possible, it’s important to incorporate healthy exercise into your recovery program. Recommended activities include gradually increased walking and some light household activities such as sitting, standing, trying to climb stairs. Movement is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Pay attention to diet and weight
- Excess weight can put stress on your new hip prosthesis and increase the risk of complication. Maintaining a healthy body weight before and after your surgery can help to improve your recovery process and the ultimate lifespan of your prosthesis. To add on to this, maintain a balanced diet during your recovery process also helps.
- Certain exercises can help to promote blood flow and prevent clots. These include:
- Regularly squeezing the thigh and calf
- Motion exercises for the legs that utilize full range of leg motions.
- Walking with or without the assistance of supportive devices (such as walker)
- Engage yourself in household preparations
- Your mobility and ability to accomplish normal daily chores following your surgery will be highly reduced. Prior to your surgery, make some modifications to your house so that the things you’ll need will be accessible without excess movement. You may also ask your friends and family to help you with tasks.
Taking possible precautions and putting intentional effort into your recovery help to ensure a smooth and successful total hip replacement recovery. Keep these points in mind as you prepare for your recovery. Equipped with a range of learned doctors and world-class technologies, this hospital has stood out to provide one of the best hip replacement surgeries in India.