With a team of experienced surgeons and state-of-the-art facilities, Fortis Hospitals is one of the best kidney transplantation hospitals in Bangalore for a reason.
First, let’s understand the basics related to kidneys.
What do Kidneys do for us?
Kidneys have many roles to play in the body, such as:
- Filter waste products from the blood
- Removal of unwanted chemicals and toxins from the blood
- Eliminate these substances and excess water in the form of urine
- Secretion of many hormones that help regulate our blood pressure
Some of the Common Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Failure:
Different symptoms may be encountered depending upon the cause and severity of kidney failure. Common complaints are:
- Easy fatigability
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle and joint pains
- Bone pain or fractures
- Pallor (as result of anaemia)
Possible Treatment for Kidney Failure:
Once kidney failure is diagnosed, the patient usually requires some form of renal replacement therapy in the form of Dialysis or Kidney Transplant.
A kidney transplant involves two surgical procedures in which a new kidney is taken from a donor, either alive or deceased, and is transplanted into the body of the patient having kidney failure. Then the transplanted kidney takes over the function and filters the blood in a normal way.
Eligibility for Kidney Transplant:
- It may require multiple visits to the transplant centre for tests and evaluations over a period of weeks to months.
- The motive behind this assessment is to evaluate the risk/benefit of a transplant for the patient. It assesses whether the patient has the ability to withstand major surgery.
For some of the patients, it can be a test of time as in the time period immediately after the kidney transplant can be quite stressful. To help you get through these rough times, we, at Fortis Hospitals provide you with the best-suited care as we are one of the best kidney hospitals in India.