Cardiovascular diseases are the biggest cause of death among people worldwide. In India too, the numbers are nothing short of scary. These conditions are caused by the disorders of the heart and blood vessels. Some of the most commonly diagnosed types of cardiovascular diseases include- coronary heart disease (heart attacks), cerebrovascular disease (stroke), raised blood pressure (hypertension), peripheral artery disease, rheumatic heart disease, congenital heart disease and heart failure.
What are the Risk Factors that lead to the development of Cardiac Conditions?
- Physical inactivity,
- Unhealthy diet- that is high on animal protein and other fatty substances and
- Consumption of tobacco, alcohol or other habit-forming substances.
Taking steps as simple as being physically active, quitting smoking and eating healthy (less fat, less sugar, less salt) could incredibly cut down your risk of developing a cardiac issue later in life.
Which are the different types of Heart disease?
- Congenital heart disease: This is a general term for some deformities of the heart that have been present since birth, like septal defects, obstruction defects etc.
- Irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia: Arrhythmias occur when the electrical impulses in the heart that coordinate the heartbeat does not work properly. These make the heartbeat in a way it should not, whether that be too fast, too slowly, or too erratically. There are several sub-types of this, e.g. tachycardia, bradycardia, fibrillation etc.
- Coronary artery disease: The coronary arteries’ main job is to supply the heart with blood and nutrients. But when they become diseases, which is most often due to a plaque build-up from excess cholesterol, the arteries become narrowed. This leads to the heart not receiving vital nutrients and enough oxygen.
- Dilated cardiomyopathy: The heart chambers become dilated as a result of heart muscle weakness and cannot pump blood properly.
- Myocardial infarction: Also known as a heart attack or coronary thrombosis, this condition causes insufficient blood flow to destroy muscles and tissue of a certain part of the heart. This is most often caused by blood clots.
- Heart failure: Known as congestive heart failure, this condition occurs when the organ fails to pump enough blood around the body efficiently.
Each one of the cardiac conditions come with a different set of symptoms. Yet, some common, typical symptoms of a cardiac complication include chest pain, breathlessness, indigestion, heartburn and palpitations. The chest pain so signature with heart diseases is known as angina pectoris, or simply angina.
What are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
- Profuse sweating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lightheadedness or feeling dizzy
- Shooting pain through the body; like chest to the arm, neck to back, jaw to shoulder etc.
Heart disease and strokes are currently the leading factors behind the large majority of cardiovascular deaths in India. The cardiovascular mortality rate of 272 per 100 000 population in India is higher than the global average of 235 per 100 000 population. In both sexes, the leading cause of mortality is complications arising from CDV.
Advanced technology, great infrastructure and an expert team of medical practitioners- all contribute to the reputation that makes Fortis one of the best treatment for heart disease in Bangalore. Combining multidisciplinary care with a dedicated team of cardiac specialists, Fortis Hospitals is one of the best cardiac hospitals in Bangalore that provides premium cardiac care within an affordable budget.
Heart diseases can be of different types. Each of these affects a different part of the organ and tend to manifest in different ways. One of the best heart care hospitals in India, Fortis Hospital’s cardiac team is experienced enough to perform comprehensive invasive procedures for heart blockage treatment of all cardiac complications.
Fortis is one of the best cardiac hospitals in Bangalore that motivates people to make heart-healthy choices and delivers excellent pre and post-operative cardiac care at affordable prices.